TUNE Ibiza is launching an internationally based DJ competition platform to promote and encourage NEW talent coming to Ibiza to perform. 15 “Ibiza” minutes as an online, social media based, DJ platform providing independent DJs the opportunity to use their social platforms to display their talents to Ibiza and create a stronger career for their brand.
The competition is internationally open and lasts as a 3-month scheduled promotional event. The purpose of this concept is to provide opportunities to music professionals so they may generate a new performance experience, develop dynamic exposure and create a stronger brand with Ibiza added to their performance profile.
Every person connected to the entertainment world has a goal of getting their “15 minutes of fame” in the spotlight to express their creativity. Ibiza is internationally famous for award-winning venues and creating some of the most prominent DJ careers in the industry using those venues. The platform will be launched encouraging music DJs to apply their talents and promotional skill to secure getting an invitation slot to be booked as a special guest DJ in Ibiza. There will be over 200 summer events with invitation slots open for the DJs with the most impressive sets, prominent voting and promotional activity.
On February 1st TUNE Ibiza will announce the program seeking international DJs to join the concept via our channels. Once the first 15 DJs have registered to the platform the competition will commence. TUNE Ibiza will launch the platform campaign via our website, social media and social networks of our partners and sponsors. Once the competition initiates, all DJs will be given the opportunity to register, submit a video mix and begin promoting their video to build votes and support. After registration the mixes will be submitted as promotional content and the contestants can begin competing for rankings to be one in the top performers on the invited guest list.
Registers as an official member of our website, submit a video mix and promote their mix using their social media, word of mouth and networking talents.
Supports each and every DJ by promoting their profile, video submission and brand via advertisements, social boosts, live interviews with the DJ, official Ibiza radio station guest slots for mixes and social media content.
Every competitor must REGISTER via our website The registration must include subscription fee and the DJs official and legal information and one video clip submitted with a mix of a minimum of 30 minutes (max 60 minutes) to be properly promoted within our network and online platform. Each registered DJ will be will have their mix and profile promoted via our channels for the duration of the competition and post summer. The winners of the competition will be promoted accordingly throughout the entire competition and Ibiza summer season online and offline. Creating a user profile and being active within our website community is obligated in order to insure benefits and overall visibility within the competition.
DJs will increase their competitive chances through online voting. DJs and their supporters have the ability to vote for their favorites and colleagues via our website. Facebook, Twitter, Mixcloud, Instagram and Vimeo are also useful in supporting the DJs by sharing or commenting on posts and tagging #TUNE IBIZA & #15Ibizaminutes posts with the phrase (“I vote for???” using the DJs name).
Star Donation Status and Accumulation
The competition has a star accumulating system that allows DJs to utilize their supporters, friends, family and even purchase their own stars to advance within the competition. *Each DJ must build their status to a minimum of 200 stars during the competition in order to be placed in a finalist position. Stars can be accumulated through online & offline activity such as networking aka “word of mouth” promotion for their video, donations & merchandise purchases. Star status is recorded weekly online via our recordings and live streams. DJs can view their star status on our website within the rankings space. When a DJ has acquired *500 stars they are advanced into the Top 20 list of invited performers for the season and reach “TUNE Stardom”. “TUNE Stardom” is the accumulation of a total amount of *500 stars and grants the DJ multiple gigs and the complete *TUNE package during their visit.
- Merchandise purchase i.e. (T-shirt, beach shirt, cap, sunglasses, mug) = 4 stars
- There will be a bonus round of 20 stars divided amongst a selection of consistent yet challenged DJs within the bottom percentile of the competition. Announcements will be made live during streaming.
If DJs have followers/supporters they are able to create DONATIONS to boost their level of participation. A DJ may also make donations as a fellow DJ aka “Buddy Star” on behalf of other DJs and award them according to the Tier in which they have donated..
- Bronze Tier: €3 = 1 star
- Silver Tier: €5 = 2 stars
- Gold Tier: €10 = 3 stars
- Flex Tier: €20 and above = 5 stars + Donor receives a TUNE Ibiza merchandise voucher.
*DJs must generate votes using their own network but there are several ways a DJ can build votes using our network:
- Stay consistent with your DJ video performances weekly.
- Utilizing our social media i.e. Facebook, twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, linked In, etc. to generate votes. Sharing our posts get you shares.
- Purchasing TUNE Ibiza merchandising to receive stars.
*Although there is no limit to donating Stars, no DJ may win a final slot in the competition on Star Status alone.
Promotion online (social media)
The competition will be promoted via professional videos through the following forms of social media sites where every DJ must have the link posted in their media pages.
- Playasol Ibiza Radio
- Night & Day Mag
- Resident advisor
Promotion (strategic, online)
- The first phase of the project launch will have image campaigns via social media for all affiliates representing major DJ software, equipment and supply retailers as well as music retail outlets with advertising materials that promote the concept.
- The second phase of the concept will feature winning participants and their testimonials as advertisements.
- Each competitor will be given the opportunity to submit a 30 minute set for broadcasting on Ibiza’s top eclectic music station during prime time hours.
- Promotional slots on participating traditional & internet radio stations will be run in contributing major cities of the contest. Radio stations will also have merchandise and exclusive offers for voters and listeners involved in the concept.
- Each winner will be performing via live stream during their visit to Ibiza through our network and affiliates.
TUNE Ibiza has a film production team that produces high quality commercial video footage for many international brands, artists and also popular Djs with residencies in Ibiza. From David Guetta, Afrojack, Swedish house mafia, Erick Morillo and many more. Our video team posses the finest quality in high-resolution advertisement footage. The video production team will be scheduled to attend events featuring our top 15 leading DJs, documenting footage to be released on our web channel (TUNE IBIZAIBZ) that will promote 15 Ibiza minutes and the DJs consecutively. The film production crew will record footage of the TOP winning DJs, documenting their experiences on the island.
- February is opening month for the competition’s promotion and publicity.. This time frame will allow DJs to connect with the concept and begin preparing their music sets within the platform.
- February 15th will announce the official launch of the competition and we will begin highlighting the competitors. Every week we will announce the status of competitors, hold interviews, highlight leaders in the project and give prizes to outstanding supporting voters within the project during each weekly live streaming session on YouTube, Twitch, Mixcloud and/or our Website.
- April 1st will begin the announcements of winners each week. The selected winners will be booked as guest DJs of TUNE Ibiza to perform in popular events in Ibiza.
- The end of May until the end of September is the summer season events schedule.
- Genres: afrobeat, R&B, dancehall, riddims, old school hip hop, house, UK grime, rap, trap, reggaeton, open format, dubstep and EDM.
- Formats: Digital & Vinyl
Platform rules and guidelines for DJs
- *Every competitor must register on our website and agree to terms and conditions
- DJs must be age 18 or older to compete
- DJs must record & submit a (high quality) mix in video format (30 minutes minimum) to be promoted online by us.
- DJs must be a subscriber to the TUNE IBIZA channels with notifications activated in order to participate effectively.
- DJs must submit all media posts using @TUNEIBIZA & #15ibizaminutes tags
- A fully accommodated Ibiza visit for 2 days. (*Landed)
- Booking Fee of €200.00 for the top *30 winners with 500+ stars
- A special DJ set booked under Ibiza’s most popular events produced by &/or associated with TUNE Ibiza. *Winners performances will be streamed live from the event.
- Special guest Live streamed set on Playasol Ibiza Radio station with a recorded studio session
- One 15 “Ibiza” minutes promotional package from TUNE Ibiza and sponsors.
- *An urban package including the option of hiking, cliff jumping, kayaking, ATV tour, snorkeling, scuba diving, speed boating and more throughout the island.
This concept is 100% community based and developed to provide agency-based bookings and support for independent musicians. It has been designed for grinders, hustlers and under privileged artists with exceptional music ability but lacking ample opportunity. We’ve created this platform to boost our culture and the individuals within it on the island. We are producers and promoters based in Ibiza for 20 years and we know how difficult it is for independent DJs to get booked at venues here. This competition opens new doors with some of Ibiza’s most powerful brand names in the clubbing industry. If you understand the concept of working towards the success of your own brand then this concept is for you. If you consider yourself established and do not need to work at advancing your level, skill or status then we congratulate you and recommend you refer someone you know in need of our support.
Our organization is in the position to enhance the performers that desire success and we focus on this with diligence. The winners of our competition will receive, marketing support and promotion from an organization that promotes strongly and visibly in Ibiza to over 4 million tourists yearly in an offline and online capacity.